Individual Scout Accounts
Our unit will get 30% of our total popcorn sales as profit. The Pack gives 10% back to the scout in their account. We are going to do the same thing for this year's sale to see how it goes. If our fundraising is as successful as I hope it will be then we will up that amount next year. We are not asking for you to sell a minimum amount of product, but the more you sell the less out of pocket expenses you will have to cover!
There are many benefits to using Scout Accounts:
- Scouts learn self-reliance - success comes from from your own hard work, not from taking from others.
- Scouts learn to plan for financial goals such as summer camp, trips, equipment, and uniforms.
- Scouts learn life skills of personal management through life experiences not lectures.
- A Scout is more likely to attend if he paid for the event through his own work.
- A Scout is more likely to stay in Scouts if he has earned the funds he needs for the activities he wants to do.
Weekly Top Seller Prizes
At each Troop meeting our popcorn chair is rewarding the scout who has the most sales so far. These rewards are usually something the boys love - bubble gum and sweets!
Overall Top Seller Prize - Jetboil Flash Cooking System or $75 in Scout Account!
$75.00 credit in your Scout Account to go towards dues, equipment, camps, etc...
Win an iPad or $500 Gift Card!
All Scouts that fill up an order form will be entered in a drawing for their choice of one of the following great prizes:
· an Ipad
· a $500 VISA Gift Card
· a free week at Boy Scout Summer Resident Camp at Cherokee Scout Reservation AND a $100 VISA Gift Card
Once a Scout fills up an order sheet, they need to have a leader or parent bring it to the Scout office along with the Official Entry Form on the flyer they received in the mail. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY NOVEMBER 9TH.