Friday, March 1: Bridging Ceremony, Potluck, Camping at the Cabin
- Begin arriving as early as 6pm
- Bridging Ceremony will begin at 7pm
- Pot Luck - Finger foods ideal since we don't have enough tables/chairs. Bring enough to feed your crew and a little more. This will be the meal for the boys and leaders that night.
Saturday, March 2: Backpack Camping at Shallow Ford Natural Area
- We are planning to stop at Applebees in Burlington for a pancake breakfast, in support of a fundraiser that is being held there for Troop 1. Cost is $6 per person.
- Proceed to Shallow Ford Natural Area, which is on Gerringer Mill Rd near Western Alamance High School. The campsite is PRIMITIVE (only bathroom is a porta-potty at the parking lot), and is about a mile hike so your Scout needs to pack everything needed in a backpack. We will go over what they need at Monday's meeting.
- IMPORTANT difference here - Each Scout will be responsible for his own meals. They don't have to have their own backpacking stove, as they can share with others, but they will need to bring water and backpacking food such as freeze dried items. The Patrols may talk about this Monday and work together on some items. We will be doing more backpacking so this is a "getting started" trip to see how well they prepare.
- PLEASE help your Scout by researching Backpacking, Trail foods, and what not to pack. We will inform them, but the more they learn the better.
- We do have some backpacks to loan out and access to more, so let us k
Sunday, March 3: Return to Cabin
- We are shooting for being back at the Cabin for pickup by 11am.